Friday, April 17, 2009

Sick Boy

So poor Kyler has been fighting being sick off and on for the past couple of week. He missed two days of school last week due to a sore throat. I took him to the doctor on the first day and the quick strep test was negative as well as the culture test. Great...so he was prescribed cough meds with codeine.

This morning I went to wake him up and he said he didn't feel well (what tween doesn't say that every morning??) so I kinda blew it off then but he wasn't getting up and kept saying he was going to throw up. He wanted to take his temp so he did and it was 103.6...wowza! I told him to stay in bed and rest while I got Miranda off to school. I didn't think too much of it because he was in a t-shirt and sweatpants all wrapped up in a comforter so I thought maybe that made the fever higher.

I got home and went to check on him, he was then just in his boxers with no covers on and he was SO hot to the touch, kinda freaked me out. So I called and got an appointment for him right away. The poor kid was so dizzy and disoriented from his fever, I felt horrible.

Here is a picture of him in the waiting room, he'd kill me if he knew I took it much less posted it LOL

So we finally get called back and his temp is at 103.4 (yay my thermometer is pretty accurate after all). They did another strep test and a flu test and this time the strep test was positive.

Sooo the lil bugger is now on good old Amoxicillin and Ibuprofen and sleeping soundly. I hope he gets to feeling better soon...poor kiddo!

4 comments:

Brandy said...

That sucks! I hope he feels better soon.

Amy said...

Poor baby! Feel better soon :)

Lisa Petrarca said...

Poor guy...it's so scary when they get those high temperatures.

I'm glad you're back, I've missed ya!

Wep said...

Awww Poor Kyler!