Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Love it and Don't Love it!

Love it - I LOVED all the comments from yesterday's post! How fun was that!! I loved going back to all of your blogs and seeing what they were like. Met some cool new people too :) Thanks for the love guys!!!!

Don't Love it - I have to travel again for work next week but this time I actually get to go somewhere new and spent a little time there. I am going to Seattle on Tuesday! I will be there through Thursday when I leave about 4:45pm and don't land back in KC until 12:07am...DOH! It's a pain because I have to make arrangements for the kids but luckily it worked out so they will go with my ex Monday night and then I will get them back on Friday, just in time for Halloween. I have a friend from high school who lives there so hopefully we can get together for dinner or something. The training I will be doing should go much smoother than the last few trips. I am staying at a very nice Marriott and was booked in a room on the concierge level...not sure what all those perks are but I know I have access to the concierge lounge on that level whohoooo!!

Don't Love it - So I went to do a load of laundry (of course it was my nasty dog beds) yesterday and as it was going I thought I heard water running so I looked into the kitchen and both sides of my entire were over flowing with water, all over the counter, all down the front, all over the floor, flowing down into my basement stair well. I freaked out and shut the washer off then started the clean up. I used almost every damn towel I had. I used the plunger on the sink and it would go down but as soon as I tried to start up the washer again, it filled right back up. Of course this all happened about 6pm so I had to leave a message for my plumber and leave the nasty water in my washer overnight. They called and came by first thing this morning and snaked the heck outta the drains, did some other stuff and now I have the most amazing water pressure around!! Yay for cute plumbers who save my day!!!

Love it -The kids go to their dad's tonight through Sunday night which equates to ME TIME!!!!! I will still have them before and after school but that doesn't really count cuz I'm busy with work then anyways. The date, er um I mean Greg, and I are going to a movie tomorrow night then I don't think we have any set plans, guess we'll just see how the weekend turns out. Miranda has a volleyball tournament on Saturday from 8:00-12:00 and those are our final games!

13 comments:

Jess said...

Whoa about the sink business! I didnt realize it was that bad..

I'm lovin' the hot plumber thou hehe.

I'm super pumped for Roo's game on Sat. :D

xox

Anonymous said...

Lots going on with you! That stinks about the sink--but if it was a cute plumber then yay!

Wep said...

YAY for cute plumbers, although I for one have never seen one. Mechanics, yes. Landscapers, you betcha. Plumbers, not so much.

Tabitha Blue said...

Hurray for cute plumbers who can make a stinky yucky mess go away!

I have to travel alot for work too, and it's a love/hate relationship. I love to see different places and experience new things, but I to missing my family so much sometimes. Have a great trip though, and a fun date!!

Amy said...

I love the kids-go-to-dads-ME-time. Those are the best. But I do love my girls :D

~Trish~ said...

LOL @ Wep...ok it's a father and son team...he's a young strappin fine man I must say. Plus he fixes things and doesn't talk to me like I'm a stupid woman :)

Frizzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frizzy said...

Blond moment...Let's try this comment again. You're a busy busy gal. The flood doesn't sound like fun but the cute plumber could have been. Hehehe Devilish laugh. Can't believe I just said that. AACK! My mom is in KC now visiting my bro. I'm so sad I'm not with her. I could have finally met you, Jess & Marissa.

jori-o said...

You remind me of my son when he was younger...he would say (about the same thing) I just love it and I don't love it!

Sorry about your plumbing woes. That is NO FUN!

Unknown said...

Ack on the plumbing problems but I guess if you gotta have them a cute plumber is the way to go.
Glad you are finding some things to love. :) Hope your trip goes well.

Anonymous said...

My Husband stayed at concierge level of Marriott once. Newspaper at your door every morning. Room breakfast service everyday where they ordered like every type of juice they had the night before and got a full on pitcher of it delivered in the morning. I guess it was pretty suite. Get it?

Doesn't mamakat live in WA somewhere?

your readers are obsessed with the whole plumber crack fantasy huh?

Lump said...

ok, um, I want a job where I can travel! to anywhere! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your sink.....but can't wait to hear how your date goes.... :)