Monday, June 22, 2009

What a Fantastic Weekend!!

This was probably the funnest weekend I have had in such a long time!!

Friday night I went and met some friends from high school. One of my friend's father had passed away so they had a military funeral at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas for him Friday morning. Paul and his wife Stacey came down from Iowa. Amy and her husband Brett came down from Nebraska. I wasn't able to go to the funeral but met up with everyone that evening. Here is a picture of Brett, Amy, Jill and I. It was a lot of fun catching up with everyone.

Saturday was a day of baseball. Kyler had a tournament out of town, about an hour away. The whole way there it was raining like crazy but it had let up by the time I got there. Our first game was to be at 12:30 but the games were running behind so we actually didn't get started until 1:15. We won the first game 3-2, Kyler had a killer game! 2 hits, 4 stolen bases, scored 1 run and had an awesome catch!!!

The next game was to be at 3:30 but of course didn't get started until probably 4:45. We won the second game 4-2!! So now we would be playing in the championship game!! The bad news was...there was still 2 games to be played before the championship game...ugh! There was 3 teams from the town we were in and 3 teams from our town in the tournament. Two of our teams ending up playing in the championship haha!!

The game for 5th/6th place finally got started and ended fairly quickly it seemed so then I was watching the game for 3rd/4th place because I wanted to see our town's team play. It was about 9pm and all of a sudden the stadium lights went off. It was just dark enough you could see but couldn't play. It took about 20 minutes for them to finally come back on so then they started playing again. Then about an hour later...boom the lights went off again and it was pitch black! Miranda was no where to be found, she was off playing with friends but all of a sudden I heard 'Trish??' haha, she was smart enough to call my name and not 'Mom?'! Finally the two coaches decided to reschedule the championship until Sunday back in our town because there was no way of knowing if the lights were coming back on or not! At this point it was close to 10:30pm and our game hadn't even started!!! I didn't get home until close til midnight...zzzzz

Sunday was a lazy day. I called my Dad to tell him Happy Father's Day, did some cleaning and laundry. Then it was time to head to the championship game at 5pm. It was SO hot out!! I took my huge golf umbrella to try to make some shade. It helped but I was still so sweaty! Yuk!! It was a really good game but yes...we ended up winning 8-3!!! Kyler's team is still undefeated! He was so excited too! We've got a game tonight and a double header Wednesday night.

I just hope this week goes by fast because we leave for vacation next Monday!!!!


Monica said...

You sure have a busy schedule. I'm so happy you were able to catch up with old friends. I'll be doing that here pretty soon. Enjoy your vacation.

Tooj said...

Nice work on the ball games! And it was VERY hot out...agreed. My husband was just dripping while he cooked, and he wasn't standing there more than 15-20 minutes at at time. DRIPPING. Did they ever figure out what was causing the lights to go out?

The Royal Family said...

Hello from sits

Come enter my giveaway!


Two Blessings From Above said...

Glad you had such a fun weekend.
Have a fabulous vacation!

FROGGITY! said...

thanks for stopping by my blog and saying such sweet things. :)

congrats to the winning team!!!

great blog!

wendy said...

Glad you had such a great weekend! Congrats on the ball game!

Brandy said...

Woohoo Kyler!

It's always nice to see old friends, even under those circumstances. Maegan said...

oh how fun! such cute photos!!