Monday, August 31, 2009

Fantastic Weekend

We had such a great weekend, the Roots Festival was better than ever!!!!

Jen went both nights and she remembered SO many people, we were so excited!!! I think she's doing so much better and can't wait to take her to the doc tomorrow to see what he has to say about it all!!!

Here is me, Jen and Jamie :)

Add Robyn in the mix LOL

I love the festival because it's all fenced in and secure (the block off the entire town square) so I just give the kids money and they are gone! They check in every now and then and when they did, I got a couple shots of us.

Kyler looks so thrilled doesn't he?

My mini me Miranda and I

Miranda got some 'ink' again this year...don't worry it's only an airbrush tattoo!

Lovin the panther paws!

Miranda and all her friends bought the same sun glasses, aren't they cute!

Ok so the funniest (and probably stupidest) thing about the whole weekend was the monkey escapade we went on! Last year the monkey came to the festival but stayed around the group. This year I came up with the idea of 'hey let's go around and see how many people we can get to pose with our monkey!'

Here we go....

Monkey enjoying some curly fries with Miranda and Kenzi...

Miranda with the monkey...

Monkey in front of the screen showing the Robert Cray band...

Monkey rockin some cool shades...

Here is tie dyed monkey...

We found a date for monkey in the snow cone booth...

We even got a big bad biker dude to pose with monkey...

Monkey even got some 'ink' too...

That was the funniest picture to take, the guy was such a good sport and was trying so hard not to laugh for the picture!!

I still laugh when I go through these pictures, people probably thought we were crazy but who cares, we were having a blast!!!

5 comments:

Aleta said...

LMAO - love those monkey pictures and the last one is hilarious with the air brush guy. Too funny!

Debbie said...

Looks like you all had a blast!
Dropped by from SITS.

jmt said...

Okay, so I'm laughing. I'm not even going to put LOL because people don't believe it when anyone says it. But whenever I put LOL, I'm seriously chuckling out loud. Probably at work, which is bad. But I'm not at work now.

That monkey skit is hilarious. I would really like to see his Tat when you get the chance to snap a photo.

Is this "festival" an actual "heritage" festival of some sort? When I saw "Roots" I instantly thought of the band. Forgive me!

Meg said...

I'm so glad Jen is doing better!! I thought about her after the initial post and a couple weeks later I couldn't remember which blog I'd read about her on. Now I find this so yay!!

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

Looks like such a fun time! I really like Robert Cray. I am so happy that Jen is doing better! Great pictures.