Saturday, July 12, 2008

Another hot day in the south!!

We had another fun filled day!!! Started out pretty crappy but got better!

At 7:30 we were woken up to pounding on the wall, hard enough to shake the mirror, screaming voices, F bombs being dropped left and right, people screaming, door slamming...etc etc. The idiots in the next room were fighting, I guess there were 3 guys and 2 girls. I called the front desk as it was continuing out onto the balcony and in the parking lot. They finally got the one guy to leave and we decided since we were up...we'd go get breakfast. Sheesh...lol

It was my daddy's birthday today so we headed up to Mammoth Springs to the park. We walked by the spring waterfall, I went down to the bottom to take a picture looking up at the kids and these people asked me if I liked snakes....excuse me??? Well there are water snakes or some kind and they were right there in the bushes by the water...ick. So I called the kids down to see them. We then walked around the water to the paddle boats. Miranda and I got one and my dad and Kyler got the another. Of course we had to do some paddle racing and bumping into each other but we had fun going around the water for 30 min. We even saw a beaver! After that we finished walking around to where some ducks were so the kids could feed them with the bread we brought. We didn't know that we were going to get swarmed by pigeons too! It was insane!!! Miranda wasn't too hip on that so she ended up throwing the bread and running haha! After the park we stopped and got some ice cream on the way home. YUM!!

We got back to Hardy and decided to hit the shops. The one place we HAD to go was the Old Hardy Hotel (http://www.oldhardyhotel.com/) because it's haunted!! We went upstairs to where the Murder Room is. That is where someone was actually murdered in the 1940's or something I guess. Of course my dad was trying to freak the kids out the whole time haha! There were a lot of cool shops and craft places as well.

After dying in the heat all day we decided to go back to my dad's house for birthday cake. My uncle and cousin came over as well. We then went to the lake so the kids could do some swimming. It was nice to just hang out and relax for the evening.

The kids are showered and in bed again...as I catch up here! We are heading home tomorrow, not sure what time. I'm not in any hurry to get up early so I think we'll sleep til whenever and then hit the road!

We've had a great little vacation, I think the kids have had a good time but I think we are all ready to go home :)

No comments: