Wednesday, July 23, 2008

New Jersey Travels

My flight was supposed to leave at 2:15 today so I was at the airport by 12:45ish. At about 1:30 they announced that there was bad weather in Newark and that we were delayed until 3:45. GRRRR!

Well little by little it kept getting later and later and we finally left at 4:35. It was a lovely three hour flight with small screaming children the ENTIRE trip. I wanted to read a book instead of listening to my iPod so it was that much harder to tune them out. *sigh*

So we finally land (at 8:30 instead of 6:15 ugh), taxi in, I am in the very LAST seat in the plane so of course that takes me forever to get out! I get all turned around in the Newark airport but then make it to the rental car place. I am nervous enough about driving so then I get a cute PT Cruiser so that made me a little happier. I know I have about a 35 mile drive to Park Ridge, NJ so I get on the road and it is POURING rain. I'm driving along and start seeing signs for cities that I wasn't suppose to so I realize I missed a turn. I call the hotel and yep....went waaaaayyyy too far so she gave me directions and it was all these twisty turny roads which were not better than the highway but hey, I finally got to the hotel. Again...it is still pouring and of course at 10:30 at night there are no parking spots close so by the time I run into the entrance, I am completely soaked, literally dripping wet. The front desk gals both went 'aweeeee' at the same time. (shush, I know you are doing it too as you read this)

FINALLY I am in my wonderful room, starving to death since it's been 10 hours since I've eaten, other than my mini bag of pretzels on the plane. So now I've stuffed my face, have gotten out of my dripping wet clothes and am about to pass out...wish me luck in the training I have to get tomorrow.

I will blog again tomorrow night...hopefully safe and sound from Chicago LOL

1 comment:

Jess said...

awe tushy!

hope today is better for you :)