Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy Thursday!

Good morning everyone :)

I got to play with my new camera a little bit last night and wow, there is a lot to learn. It's um quite different from my little Kodak point and shoot...eek! Good news is my current memory card works so I can start snapping away!!! I bought a camera bag that I think will work out great. It's big enough I can put my personal things (phone, keys wallet) when I take it but not huge and bulky.

I got a call last night from Miranda's new volleyball coach. She will be on the kiwi team which she is quite excited about. The shirts last night were a really pretty bright green color so hopefully they will be similar this year. Her season runs Sept 6-Oct 25th with games every Saturday morning. I am going to help coach too which I am happy about. I love playing and had played for years so it will be fun to teach 3rd and 4th graders. It's so cute watching them rarely ever actually hit it over the net but hey, they are having fun right?

I'm being very bad today...*hangs head in shame*
  1. I skipped the gym this morning but will try to go tonight to make up for it.
  2. I stopped by McD's this morning with the thought of just getting a Diet Coke but ended up with a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit.
  3. I am working from my couch in front of the tv because I didn't move my laptop back to my desk after working last night.

Sigh...oh well, as long as I can admit my issues that is a good thing LOL

6 comments:

Frizzy said...

Sometimes ya gotta splurge. Have fun with VB season. I know you will and how cool that you'll get to share this experience together. Cool MOM and all!

Jess said...

Isn't there a rule in the BFF handbook that says when your seeing your BFF within 24 hours the calories don't count? See section: 02.8-2b in the handbook. You should be good.

Creative Junkie said...

congrats on your new camera - i'd love to know how it's working out. i'm wondering if i made a mistake with my canon xti because i just can't take good pictures.

i also need a decent camera bag ... it's on my ever growing list of needful things.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you about the camera...how fun!

I always loved playing volleyball in school...it was about the only sport I was good at.

We are pretty close if you are near KC. Very cool! We're getting rained on today.....and all weekend it sounds like. How about you?

Wep said...

McD's is my secret vice. I figure if I get the kids meal it can't be SO bad for an adult right?

Thanks for commenting on my blog ;)

Lisa Petrarca said...

YAY...Do you LOVE it?! I know there's a lot to learn but just read alittle, play with the settings, pick people's brains and you'll be a pro!

I haven't been doing good with my workouts either. I've been feeling kind of sick so I've been taking a nap everyday instead of working out, UGH!

Next week will be better...take tons of pics this weekend, action shots are really fun once you get the hang of it!

Missed ya!