Monday, December 15, 2008

Busy busy busy

What a crazy weekend!!

I was so excited to pick Kyler up from school Friday because that was the day he was finding out if he made the basketball team...HE MADE IT!! Over 40 kids tried out and only 20 made it. He doesn't know yet if he made the JV or Varsity team. Yes, even in 7th grade they have them split. I really hope he makes Varstiy. He has practice every day this week after school, then they are off next week then they actually have practice during their last week of winter break. I am assuming between the two weeks of practices they will divide the group up. That night Miranda and I went to my friend's jewerly party and had some fun girl time.

Saturday night Greg and I went out with Jess and Brad to Saddle Ranch. It's such a fun bar/restaurant. We had lots of yummy drinks and food and made some interesting friends :) I am sure Jess will blog more about it because she took a gazillion pictures!!! Let's just say...we made friends with a man from Missouri named Barney who was incredibly drunk, redneckish, and over generous. As the waitress brought us our bill, he grabbed it out and her hands and paid cash...FOR OUR BILL!! It was $222!!! Yes I said TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY TWO dollars!!!! We sat there with our jaws hitting the table and he refused to let us pay. He kept saying 'these here are the nicest people I have ever met' to anyone that walked by LOL

I only took two pictures so here is Jess and I.


Here are the Mai Tais we were drinking...Barney got a kick out of us drinking girlie drinks from milk bottles haha!

13 comments:

Tabitha Blue said...

Oh my goodness!!! Don't you just love overly generous people!!!! How fun!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Jess said...

*HEAVES*

Gahhhhh those things made me feel like total shite all day yesterday. Bluck. Gotta love Barney thou, it was awesome he paid!

Amy said...

Nothing like a generous drunk to pick up the tab. I've had that happen before but never THAT much!

Congrats to your boy on his making the team, that is awesome :D

Brandy said...

An early Merry Christmas to you from Santa Barney huh?! That's sooooo cool of him.

Congrats to your son for making the team!

Unknown said...

Um.... ya got Barney's number?

magpie said...

hahaha- you guys had so much fun, you can tell! are you guys gearing up for britney????

jmt said...

I knew there were some good Missouri people somewhere! I'm still lookin' for them and I live on the MO side of the state line! LOL I wish I could really click my heels and come back home to KS....

Wep said...

Gotta love people picking up the tab :)

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

Congrats to Kyler!! Don't you just love drunk rednecks that pick up the bill!?! Sounds like you had a fun weekend with the kids and at Saddle Ranch.

Lump said...

mmmm that drink looks AWESOME.

and I need a Barney! was that really his name? :)

congrats to your son! how cool is that??

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Wish I could meet a "Barney" when I'm out with friends drinking....they'd be great for my wallet...

Looks like you guys had fun...

Tori said...

Oh my word thats so great that he paid :-)

nice blog!

Lisa Petrarca said...

Congrats to Kyler!! You are better than me, I make the kids text me the minute they find out.

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. Sorry I've been behind on my visits. Glad to see your doing good!