Thursday, December 4, 2008

No More Puppy Meds!!

I think I have metioned before about how Maddie had Demodex (nasty s**t) and was on some pretty hard core meds as a last resort...actually it was Ivermectin which is basically a cattle dewormer...YIKES! Well she has been on it for 2 months and she looks like SUCH a new doggie!! I am almost out of it so I called my vet to see if I needed to get another round of it or just go back to her normal heartworm stuff. After talking a bit, he said not to keep her on it anymore! YAY that means lots of money saved cuz that stuff was PRICY!! Maddie HATED it too, she would roll over like noooooooooooo hahahaha. It was given orally and I think it was pretty nasty tasting by her reaction :)

Here are some pictures throughout her bad times. You can see major hair loss and open sores..it was really sad to see her like this. But as you've seen in recent posts, she's all better!!





8 comments:

saratogajean said...

Goodbye puppy mange!

Hello savings!

Unknown said...

Oh that's a BEAUTIFUL thing to get rid of!!!! Get all better puppy!!!

Lump said...

WOOOO! That's awesome. I bet you are relieved and little Maddie is going to be so much happier! :)

When I rescued Chunk he had demodex mange and it was NO FUN. I rescued him when he was two years old and the bitch who had him never took care of his mange! She thought giving him medicated bath dips was enough. I had Chunk for four months and I knocked that shit out! with Ivermectin and I think Chunk could smell it form a mile away because he wouldn't take it orally. I had to put it inside capsules and wrap it up in peanut butter. UGH. I don't get people who can't or WON'T take care of their pets. Chunk has a permanent scar on the back of his neck from the mange now.

Jess said...

YAY! Ears is all better! Your xmas card is super cute, its hanging in my cube :)

PorkStar said...

thats a cute puppy

Brandy said...

You can see a definite improvement...yeah! But I'm glad you don't have to pay for nasty tasting meds anymore either...

Wep said...

Poor puppy!!!!!

jmt said...

See, it's posts like these that make me think I might be nuts for considering getting a dog for the boys. The COST. I know they're cute and great companions, but the cost!!! In a recession? Am I nuts?