Friday, December 5, 2008

Well poo

I went to city hall today to get my permit for the fence. Come to find out, I can't get my entire yard fenced after all...grrrr. It is because of how my house sits on my lot (my house sits on the back of the lot so the yard is in the front of the house, not the back) and because I am on a corner lot AND on a main street...I can't have a chain link fence. Now if I wanted to fork over the money for a 4' wood fence I could do that but I can't right now. Soooo I am going with my second option which is to fence in an area for them, like a glorified dog run only a lot bigger. I think it's approximately 40' by 25'. The lady said it really is still pushing it according to the new laws but it was going to be ok to do. The doofus before me HAD a fence around the yard but took it down. The reason he was ok to do it was because it was done years ago before they changed things. WHY did he take it down???

So now I will still have to go outside to take them out to the fenced area but the way it's working out will be ok. My back door which leads to my carport also leads to the gate that will be where the dog area is. I'll just take the dogs out that way and then they won't be coming in and out of my front door!

The best part of this you ask??? This option saves me about $1500 whohooooo

Kyler is having a friend stay the night tonight which means Miranda probably will tomorrow night. I have to start wrapping gifts, I'm running out of hiding places!!!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

10 comments:

saratogajean said...

Boo to City Hall.

Fight the power!

What about invisible fences? This worked really well for me, especially when I was renting.

~Trish~ said...

I thought about that but I thought this would be better if I wanted to leave them out while I ran an errand or something. I hope I don't regret it LOL

Tabitha Blue said...

Oh that stinks!! At least you're saving money I guess. That's always a good thing :)

Amy said...

Everything DOES happen for a reason, you get to save some $$$

Anonymous said...

Stupid laws! Why can't we all just do what we want?! :)

Lump said...

well at least you are saving some big bucks!! BONUS!

I never understand housing ordinances and all that shit. I mean, it's your house and your yard.... hmmm...

Jess said...

Boo on them, jeez. Damn THE MAN! Damn small ass towns too, bastages.

But hey, at least your saving $1500! HEY! We could totally get those Britney things we talked about ;)

jmt said...

It stinks you can't do it all, but at least you got a compromise out of the deal, and a place for the pups.

Wep said...

That's the reason we don't have a fence. We can only have wood colored split rail which will NOT keep Miss Olivia in.

Lisa Petrarca said...

Don't you hate how they can control what you do on YOUR property...it's not fair!!

But you seem to always find the bright side, $1500.00 saved AND it's Christmas time...more presents, more presents. At least your kids are probably excited.