Tuesday, December 30, 2008

When it rains...

Ok so I have had the week from h--l...

I dropped the kids off at their dad's on Christmas dad about 10am. From that point on until Sunday morning, I barely moved off the couch. Call it a funk, laziness, whatever, I didn't want to do anything.

Finally Sunday I knew I needed to go to the store so I actually got up and showered. I got some groceries and then decided to get online for awhile before I headed out to my friend's get together that night. I had moved my laptop and plugged the power cord into a different outlet than usual....about a hour later....zap...the power to the laptop gone. I got up and noticed my house computer was off and everything in that power strip was off. Kinda started walking around and noticed my stove was off, my micro was off, the fridge was off...but my tv was on along with several other lights. What the heck?? I didn't want to make a service call because it was on a Sunday and didn't want to pay for that so I decided to wait. I went to the party and got home about 11pm and noticed it was damn chilly in my house!! My programmable thermostat runs off power and it was out!! NO HEAT!! Ughhhhhh!! Thankfully the kiddos were at a friend's house.

I got up Monday to a c-c-c-c-cold house and I called two electric companies here in town by 9am. No calls were returned and I was getting a big upset. Jen and I decided to take all the kids rollerskating to get outta the house. Well on our way home, one of the companies had called but of course it was after hours so they couldn't come til 8am today!! The kids decided to stay at Jen's again so I bought a small space heater and locked myself in my bedroom with it. It was actually a little warm in there!

The electrician showed up today and ended up having to call KCPL to get help. Turns out the power line from the pole to my house was bad so they fixed it and I was back in business!!! Of course lots of stuff in the fridge had to get pitched because it went bad. Ugh, oh well.

So tonight I went to do laundry and now my flippin dryer isn't working!!! GRRRR! I had my friend's husband come over and take a look and he couldn't figure anything out either. Luckily I found my paperwork and the warranty is still good so I have a service call in. They should be calling me tomorrow to set up an appointment. Finally something good for me but of course it's a holiday so who knows when they will come out.

I'm tired now...LOL Goodnight all :)

12 comments:

Crystal Miller said...

Gotta LOVE the bright spots. Tomorrow will be a better day! HUGS!

jmt said...

What a week! :( How sad. When it rains...as you said. Never fails, does it? Any plans for tomorrow?

jmt said...

word verif: bulneshl. I think we should start using it for swearing! "That's some bulneshl if I ever heard it!"

BloggessJ said...

Your still having better luck than me though:)....I hope things start getting better for the both of us!

Amy said...

Wow! Sorry to hear you had such a rough time. I hate to hear it. Hopefully things will look up for you in the new year. :D

Lump said...

ugh. so sorry to hear all this crappy news.

you know, bad things happen in threes..... :(

glad you got your power working!

Jess said...

ugh, so sucktastic. I'm sorry honey, I hope things get better. Maybe your next repair man will be hot and you can jump his bones?

PorkStar said...

Sorry to hear that, but new year is around the corner, it will all work out, you'll see.

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

I bet your ready for the New Year! Sorry to hear you are ending 2008 on such a bad note.
What are your thoughts on the Bronco coach being fired?
Have a Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have had weeks like that....they suck! Here's hoping the new year brings you nothing but good things!!!

Frizzy said...

Here's to a bright and working new year aye?! Happy New Year!

wendy said...

Ugh - that stinks! You should call your insurance about what you lost in groceries. We went on vacation and something happened to our deep freezer while we were gone. We had to throw all the food out. The mailman or someone mentioned calling our insurance and sure enough, it was covered under our homeowner's policy - they sent us a check for the lost groceries!